Monday, June 25, 2012

Safari!!!


I am so excited! I just booked a last minute Summer holiday. In just under a month, I'll be heading off to South Africa with a group of friends. It's somewhere I have always wanted to visit and I cannot wait!

I love animals and I cannot wait to do a Safari or two while we are in South Africa. There is such a broad spectrum of animals to see including lions, rhinos and elephants. Of course, I've seen them before in the zoo but that's just not the same as on safari where you get to see them pretty much in their natural habitat. I'm not sure which parks we will go to but I definitely want to try game viewing on a walking safari if I get the chance. The travel agent warned that it is designed for physically fit people so I am doubling the effort at the gym in the next few weeks.


I think we will probably opt for Kruger National Park as it is one of the most well known. It's huge too, covering over 20,000 square kilometers which is larger than some small countries! The park is made up of lots of different landscapes making it suitable for all sorts of animals. There are thousands of species in the park including 300 tree species, 500 bird species, 147 mammal species, 49 fish species, 33 amphibian species, 114 reptile species and countless different insects.

Some of the highlights I hope to see on my South Africa Safari adventure are the black and white rhinos and hippos!

No comments:

Post a Comment